There are many returns for your time and effort as a Young Farmers & Ranchers participant. You will:
- have the opportunity to attend seminars on leadership training, and you will gain valuable insights into all aspects of agriculture
- learn how to promote your commodity as well as your industry
- learn about issues and how to resolve them
- make valuable professional contacts
- meet and work with your elected officials
- make friends for life with other young people in agriculture who share the same interests and challenges that you face daily
Join Farm Bureau as a Young Farmer & Rancher Member
If you are under 35 years of age and work in the agricultural sector of Monerey County, you can join Farm Bureau at a discounted rate of $150 / year and receive all the beneftis of membership. We welcome young professionals who are starting their careers in food production and want to be part of the agricultural community here. See all the benefits of membership here and an application form is available here.
Join Farm Bureau as a Collegiate Member
For college students, Farm Bureau offers a $25 annual membership that includes an electronic version of our weekly newspaper, Ag Alert, as well as other benefits. This is a great way to become part YF&R and the local Agriculture community while you are enrolled full-time at a university or community college. More information available here and membership application form available here.
Activities for Everyone in and Around Agriculture
Leadership Development – Conferencesr
The most popular event of the year combines a weekend of learning with fun and excitement. Professional presenters teach the latest techniques in management and personal development. Specialists on issues concerning agriculture share information about the challenges and success of the industry. These conferences also provide a social opportunity for all to enjoy
Leadership Development – Committee Leadership
The Central Coast Young Farmers elect a new board of directors every other year. Board members learn how to run a meeting, manage a budget, interpret financial statements, plan events and more.