Public Policy & Elections
Monterey County Farm Bureau actively engages in public policy issues, statewide ballot propositions, and local (county-wide) elections and local representatives.
Results of the November 5th election, with 100% of precincts reporting:
- Hartnell College Board Trustee Area 5 (Ray Montemayor 62.69% vs. Felicia Perez-Kausin 37.31%)
- Hartnell College Board Trustee Area 7 (Candi DePauw 53.73% vs. Joel Hill 46.27%)
- Monterey County Board of Education Trustee Area 7 (David Serena 50.56% vs. Sergio Alejo 49.44%)
- Monterey Peninsula Community College District Trustee Area 2 (Margaret-Anne Coppernoll 41.42% vs. Charles Fuller 6.52% vs. Leigh Rodriguez 25.32% vs. Gary Wilmot 26.74%)
- Monterey Peninsula Water Management District 1 (Brenda Lewis 55.47% vs. Dean Provence 44.53%)
- Monterey Peninsula Water Management District 2 (Judi Lehman 44.98 vs. Bill Thayer 55.02%, note that Thayer withdrew from the race in September)
Measure K (Yes 37.85% vs. No 62.15%)
Measure M (Yes 46.33% vs. No 53.67%)
The defeat of both these land use measures for Fort Ord means the Fort Ord Reuse Plan stays intact and continues as the blueprint for revitalizing the former military base.